Monday 24 June 2013

the bedside toys

The original title for While You Are Sleeping was The Bedside Toys.  That book was inspired by my lifelong love of toys.  At the time I was trying to come up with an idea for my next story and was getting thoroughly distracted by my discovery that underneath the layers of paint on Toy Biz Lord of the Rings figures was a perfect likeness of the actor... It took ages but I scraped the paint off each one and then repainted them myself.  I was so pleased with the result that I used to gang them up on my bedside table.  That was when I remembered how I used to choose a toy to watch over me at night when I was very small and that gave me the idea that eventually became While You Are Sleeping...



just remembered - the hobbits had hair made out of brillo pads ^-^!


Still very fond of the Lord of the Rings figures... think my eyes are too knackered for that sort of thing now!

No comments:

Post a Comment